- Membership Size: SmartMLS boasts a significant membership size, serving approximately 25,000 real estate professionals. This number reflects its position as a major Multiple Listing Service (MLS) provider in its region, offering comprehensive real estate listing and information services to its members.
- Major Counties and Cities Covered: SmartMLS provides services across Connecticut, covering many counties and cities. Among the most notable areas are:
- Fairfield County: Including significant cities such as Stamford and Bridgeport, which are vital real estate markets within the state.
- New Haven County: Encompassing the city of New Haven itself, an important cultural and educational hub.
- Hartford County: Covering Connecticut’s capital, Hartford, and surrounding areas, which include a mix of urban and suburban properties.
- Historical Mergers: SmartMLS was formed through the merger of two major MLS services in Connecticut, which were The Connecticut Multiple Listing Service (CTMLS) and the Greater Fairfield County CMLS in 2017. This strategic consolidation was aimed at providing enhanced services and a more comprehensive listing database to real estate professionals across Connecticut.
- Associations Served: SmartMLS serves a wide range of local real estate associations across Connecticut. Some of the notable associations include:
- Greater Hartford Association of Realtors®
- New Haven Middlesex Association of Realtors®
- Stamford Board of Realtors®
- Eastern Connecticut Association of Realtors®
Integrating SmartMLS IDX data
Building IDX websites for SmartMLS can be really easy or extremely difficult depending (1) how you choose to access the data and (2) whether or not you choose to work with an approved vendor.
Before we jump into the details, let’s start with the basics:
What is an IDX feed?
An IDX feed, or Internet Data Exchange feed, is a technology solution that allows real estate agents and brokers to display up-to-date property listings from their local Multiple Listing Service (MLS) on their websites or real estate platforms.
It enables real estate professionals to provide valuable property information to potential buyers and sellers on their website directly instead of directing clients to portals like Zillow and Redfin, thus enhancing their online presence and client engagement.
Why do I need an IDX feed for SmartMLS?
If you want to display active or sold listings within SmartMLS on your website, you need to be able to access the SmartMLS IDX feed.
An IDX feed for SmartMLS can you help you enhance your online experience, showcase local expertise, drive lead generation, and give you a competitive advantage in your local market.
How do I get SmartMLS listings on my website?
There are two ways to integrate SmartMLS IDX data with your website:
(1) Get a direct IDX feed from the MLS. This method usually requires you to complete paperwork with the MLS, pay one-time setup fees, and monthly feed access fees in order to get the data. In addition, you are responsible for downloading, hosting, and managing the data, which can be quite expensive ($500-$2,000 per month) and making it readily available on your website.
(2) Work with an approved IDX vendor. Vendors like Web4Realty have direct access to SmartMLS IDX data and are able to make accurate IDX data available to approved members of SmartMLS. You don’t have to worry about compliance requirements, data vendor migrations, hosting costs, and uptime. Some vendors like Web4Realty even provide plugins for website platforms like WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, and GoDaddy that allow you to get your website out the door in minutes.
SmartMLS is a real estate multiple listing service (MLS) that operates primarily in the state of Connecticut. It was formed through the merger of The Greater Fairfield County CMLS and the Connecticut Statewide MLS in 2017, creating one of the largest MLS organizations in New England. SmartMLS serves over 25,000 real estate professionals, offering them comprehensive access to thousands of property listings and data across Connecticut and beyond. The service aims to provide accurate, timely, and comprehensive real estate information to its members, facilitating efficient transactions and supporting the real estate market in the region. By leveraging advanced technology and a wide network of real estate listings, SmartMLS plays a crucial role in the local real estate industry, enabling professionals to better serve buyers and sellers.
What are the top cities served by SmartMLS?
SmartMLS, a real estate service covering parts of Connecticut, includes cities such as Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, Bridgeport, Norwalk, Danbury, Greenwich, Waterbury, New Britain, Bristol, Meriden, Milford, West Haven, Middletown, Shelton, Torrington, Naugatuck, New London, Ansonia, and Derby.
What are the top counties served by SmartMLS?
SmartMLS covers counties in Connecticut, including Fairfield, New Haven, Litchfield, Hartford, Middlesex, Tolland, Windham, and parts of New London County.
Which associations are part of SmartMLS?
SmartMLS, Inc., serves a wide range of real estate associations and boards across Connecticut, including the Eastern Connecticut Association of REALTORS®, Greater Hartford Association of REALTORS®, Greater New Milford Board of REALTORS®, Greenwich Association of REALTORS®, Mid-Fairfield County Association of REALTORS®, New Canaan Board of REALTORS®, Newtown Board of REALTORS®, Northern Fairfield County Association of REALTORS®, Ridgefield Board of REALTORS®, Stamford Board of REALTORS®, Tri-County Alliance of REALTORS®, Valley Association of REALTORS®, and the Waterbury Board of REALTORS®.