Do you want to boost your website SEO and generate more real estate leads? Well, it’s not as gruelling as you may think. It’s actually quite simple: just add unique content to your real estate agent website and follow the straightforward real estate SEO checklist below.
Whether you’re creating a new blog post or a new page on your website, you will find this helpful.
Alrighty then! Lets assume you want to create a page on your website about “Liberty Village Condos”. Here are 7 easy-to-follow steps to optimize your new page on search engines:
#1 Brainstorm the Keywords you want to target ✅
- Keywords are the words and phrases that searchers type into search engines to find websites that match what they are looking for.
- Try to think about what people are searching in Google and try to keep your keyword phrases ‘human’ sounding. For example: opt for “Liberty Village Condos” rather than “Liberty Listings” as someone is more likely to search for the latter.
- We recommend adding 3-5 keywords per page. Less is more here.
- It is extremely important that your keywords are used in your browser title, description, and content of the page (more on this below).
- Use Google Keyword Planner to find out how much volume the keywords are getting.
- Keyword #1: “Liberty Village Condos”
- Keyword #2: “Liberty Village Condominiums”
- Keyword #3: “Liberty Village Condos for Sale”
#2 Give your new page a Title ✅
- Make sure you include your main keyword in your page title.
- Be sure to add an H1 tag to your page title.
#3 Write original content and include the Keyword in your Content ✅
- Try to include your selected keyword(s) within the content at least once.
- If you have an IDX Website and your desired keyword is related to properties, be sure to add an IDX listings filter to the page (Google loves this ?).
#4 Include a Call-to-Action Form ✅
- There is no point in driving traffic to a page if there is no call-to-action to help you capture the lead.
#5 Include your keyword in your Browser Title ✅
Browser titles are crucial in helping you get a better ranking on search engines. They appear at the top of the browser and also in the search engine results.
- Keep your browser title between 50-55 characters (including spaces)
- Use your keywords in your browser title
- Use “|” to separate each keyword
- Browser Title: Liberty Village Condos | Liberty Village Condominiums
#6 Make your Meta Description enticing ✅
The meta description is extremely important in enticing searchers to click on your website website link. You should write a short paragraph letting searchers know exactly what the given page contains.
- Keep your meta description between 150-160 characters.
- Try to include at least one keyword in your meta description.
- Meta Description: Are you looking for Liberty Village Condos for Sale? If so, we’ve got you covered. Check out some of the best condominium deals in Liberty Village Now!
#7 Match your URL with your Title ✅
Optimizing your URL is one of the most important aspects of SEO.
- Make sure your Main Keyword, Page Title, Browser Title (one of the keywords), and URL are matching (like below).
- URL: http://www.yourdomainname.com/liberty-village-condos
Well done, you did it! Next step is to share your new page on all your social accounts! The more links around the web, the better.