We all know that Google is far and away the most used search engine in the free world. Everybody wants to improve their SEO and their visibility on Google. However, everybody is also very busy. Luckily, what we’re proposing allows you to improve your visibility on Google in less than 5 minutes – a win-win for everyone!
Keep reading to find out what Google My Business is, how it can help you, and how to set it up (in less than 5 minutes).
What is Google My Business?
In a nutshell: Google My Business allows you to manage your online presence across the Google platform. Creating a profile not only helps your customers find you easier on Google Search and on Google Maps, but also makes it easier for them to learn about you and the services you provide.
What are the benefits?
- It’s easier for customers to find you on Google Search
- You’re a lot more accessible on Google Maps
- You can add a call to action directing visitors to your website URL
- It’s easier to find you on mobile devices
- Customers are able to leave reviews and you can engage with them
- You have access to insights and analytics
- It’s easier for people to find you on Google Plus
- You’re able to add a description about yourself
How to do it?
- Step 1: If you don’t already have one, sign up for a Gmail account. If you do, proceed to the next step.
- Step 2: Click here to sign up for Google My Business.
- Step 3: Be sure to select “Brand” as your desired type of business and enter the rest of your information.
- Step 4: Before Google publishes your profile, they will require you to verify your business. This is generally done by requesting a postcard with a verification code. Essentially, they will mail you a postcard with a verification code (to the address you listed your business under) and once you receive it, you will confirm it in your Google My Business account to get your page up and running.
Get started with Web4Realty’s 14-Day Free Trial or if you’re already using Web4Realty, here’s a in-depth, step-by-step guide on how to set up a Google My Business page.